Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Real Picture of the Eiffel Tower (Day Four)

(Jessica continues her narration.) We got to see the amazing Eiffel Tower. It was even bigger than I had imagined and it was awesome to be able to see it with my very own eyes!

The Atomium was built for the 1958 Brussels World's Fair. We were privileged to visit it on our way to Paris.
A view of the Paris metro. On our trip we traveled a lot on the metro and it was often very crowded.
The first museum we visited was the Musée d'Orsay. We had to leave earlier than expected because someone left a black bag and the museum officials thought that there was the possibility of a bomb threat.
An Impressionist painting at the Musée d'Orsay. I love how the artist used so many different colors.
Here I am standing in front of the Eiffel Tower. (With the step behind me it almost appears as if the Eiffel Tower is just a backdrop but I really am standing in front of the Tower.)
Notre Dame at dusk. I took this picture on a sightseeing boat ride on the Seine River.
One of the many bridges crossing the Seine River in Paris.
The Eiffel Tower is very beautiful at night. For ten minutes each hour, the Eiffel Tower sparkles with glittering silver lights.

No comments: