Sunday, October 12, 2008

May The Chocolate Not Be With You......


Yes, it was time once again for book group at my house. I did not make any treats with real chocolate. Instead I chose confections with autumn colors. Starting at the top left of the picture and going clockwise:
  • the orange and white creamsicle fudge,
  • a bowl of Merckens Marquis chocolate buttons (as a concession to the chocoholics)
  • a pan with fudgy caramels and a few cut caramels in front of the pan
  • the red paper plate with pineapple jellies
  • next is a sample of the green take home treat bag with a piece of each homemade candy
  • peanut brittle in the rectangle container (on top of blue lid)
  • square glass dish with the few remaining pieces of penouche (which I think was the favorite)
  • and finally a bowl of Brach's Autumn Mix of candy corn, Indian corn, and mellowcreme pumpkins.

So I actually showed some restraint in only make five different kinds of candies but I enjoyed making them and I think people enjoyed eating them. Oh, the book we discussed was Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. For next month we will be reading The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jean,

The candies were all fabulous but the fudgy caramel was by far my favorite!!! (Although the Penouche was runner up :-). Thank you again for such a great evening!

Tammi