Thursday, July 15, 2010

Author 49: Ree Drummond-Pioneer Woman

Mmmmm...........The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond


We made the Egg-in-the-hole. I browned one side of the toast first and flipped it over before cracking in the egg.


Here's the other side after I flipped the toast a second time. They were delicious with lots of butter in the pan.

And how could I leave out the wonderful chocolate sheet cake that Eva made (with a little help from mom)? Chocolate gooey yumminess. Eva says: "it was quite yummy, especially the frosting! It's pretty much chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with pecans in the frosting. I suggest you make it!"

I'm sorry the cake picture is so washed out-we're having camera issues again-now the camera spontaneously turns itself off even with fresh batteries. Hurumph!

I'm not sure how many recipes we'll try, but the cookbook is certainly a lot of fun with full color pictures of steps for each recipe and pictures of ranch life. But I don't think I'll take up ranching any time soon. (Although I'd still love to build a chicken coop and run.... just for a few backyard chickens of course! Who knows when I'd ever get to that project!)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Those are two of my favorite Pioneer Woman items...oh so good. Oh so tasty!