Thursday, November 24, 2011

Author 89: Miles Harvey helps me be thankful





Sometimes we don't realize all the things that help make America the great melting pot. Here's just a few things from other countries that I didn't know about before reading some selections of the "Look What Came From" series:
  • Contact Lenses from Switzerland-created in 1877!
  • Sunglasses from China-invented more than 500 years ago.
  • "The button-down collar was invented in England in the 1890s. It was designed to keep the shirt collars of polo players from flapping in the wind."

I also want to express gratitude to the many friends and family that make our lives better-specifically I'd like to publicly thank my parents, my cousins over at HomeHinges, my computer savvy cousins, Aunts and Uncles, and other cousins, friends, and co-workers who have and do help me with family info, car info, life info and other things-we've had a lot going on in the last few months and we couldn't have handled it all without your help. Thank You!

No comments: