Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sunday Randomness #203: Deeds of inconsistencies

* Refrigerated popular juice combo drink with carrot, orange, lemon, and beet.  Mica: "The fruit juices did not make up for the pure horror of the beet juice."

*Hedgehog added to the grocery list around Christmas time:
 -cough syrup
-Santa costume for Jack
-Elf costume for Jack
-plain apple juice
-olive oil

(Here's a throwback to Pirate Jack) 

*"I don't need more negativity in my life." (Mica after I reminded her she had books due the next day.)

*Daisy was lamenting back in 9th grade that she didn't have friends in her lunchtime period.  Hedgehog advised: "You should grab some 7th graders.  They would worship you and be your little padawans."

*Jack was sitting opposite to Hedgehog on the large 4' x 6' area rug in the room.  She slowly started moving the carpet.  He looked confused because the floor was moving but he stayed on the carpet.  I started quietly giggling at his continued confused expressions as she moved the carpet this way and that with him balancing on top.  

Then she started singing "I can show you the world" from Aladdin and I burst out laughing.  Jack startled, jumped off, and immediately turned around, attacking the carpet edge. Hedgehog kept moving the carpet and he kept attacking it. Hedgehog commented he had found the biggest toy yet in the house.  Good call, Hedgehog, good call on the song choice of "A Whole New World" for Jack's magic carpet ride. 

*Mica brought home seafood leftovers one day and I asked her to remember to eat her mussels.  She replied, "No, I prefer to keep them intact, thank you"  referring to her muscles instead of mussels.

* Words of internet knowledge from the young: Daisy informed me that the no more tears claim on a popular baby shampoo referred not to no more crying tears in your eyes but rather to tears in your hair like split ends.  It prevented split end tears not crying tears. We did get it sorted out thanks to J&J.   https://www.johnsonsprofessional.com/johnsons-baby/no-more-tears

It was easier finding source material proving that the Monkees did the song I'm a Believer in 1966 and that Smash Mouth did the cover in 2001.  She kept insisting Smash Mouth did the song first and the Monkees must have gotten it from them.  When I pointed out I heard the song when I was young, she was confused but stuck with her group.    I tried to get her to tell me when Smash Mouth came out with the song and she just replied it was from the movie "Shrek", which came out ages ago.
I was laughing so hard it was difficult to find the video to show her the version of the song that I grew up hearing.   


Thanks to PNGMart for the Shrek graphic.and to to youtube for the Monkees video and to Johnson and Johnson for the shampoo info.


No comments: