Thursday, October 20, 2011

Author 84: Internet Safety with former Utah First Lady, Jacalyn S. Leavitt


Jacalyn S. Leavitt, wife of former Utah State Governor Mike Leavitt, has co-written Faux Paw's Adventures in the Internet with Sally Shill Linford. The book also features a forward by First Lady Laura Bush. Join this techno cat as he explores the internet and learns some valuable safety rules along the way. Not everything on the internet is as it seems and it's better to be safe by following these three rules:
  1. I keep safe my personal information
  2. I keep away from Internet strangers
  3. I keep telling my parents or a trusted adult about everything I see on the internet-especially when something makes me uncomfortable.
This book is written in cartoon form with adversaries of the variety similar to old Saturday morning cartoons such as Sylvester and Tweety Bird so the book would probably still be acceptable to younger children just starting school and starting to use the internet.

Read more about internet safety at: http://www.ikeepsafe.org/

No comments: