Saturday, October 01, 2011

Candy fit for the library

I recently made candy for a library meeting. From the top wrapped candy going clockwise: wrapped orange caramels, penouche, raspberry jellies rolled in powdered sugar, peanut brittle and fluffy white divinity. I have to admit, I really like making candy. It's time consuming, somewhat expensive with quality ingredients, and one is on one's feet for inordinately long periods of time but the end results are so scrumptious! I just felt bad that it's been too hot to dip. Dipped chocolates are always so impressive and they are the crowning pinnacle of candy-making achievements even if there are trickier recipes (pulled butter mints!)

I'm hoping to make more candy for the upcoming holiday season but time and money will be the determining factors. We'll just have to wait and see if either commodity (preferably both) materializes in time for Christmas. At least it's plenty cold enough at the beginning of December for dipping!

1 comment:

cannelure said...

Ah, so that's what divinity is. I don't think I've ever tried it, but it looks good... all the candies in the picture look good.