Sunday, June 24, 2012

Recent conversations with Daisy

Daisy got a pretty harsh sunburn on her shoulders after a school event going to an outdoor pool as they celebrated the end of school.  For the first week I put on fresh aloe vera goo from our aloe vera plants but the following week I started putting on an herbal salve at night. (You can only decimate a fresh plant of so many leaves and then you start to worry that its going to die quickly if you don't stop to let it re-grow.)

 Daisy thought the aloe was okay but the salve not so much.  Her complaint?  "It smells like old people."

I queried to see how she even thought she knew how old people smelled and she responded, "I don't know, but it smells like old people-I just know it."  Plus she added the following:  "And it's extremely sticky.  It sticks to your skin at night."

Can I just say I'm happy that the sunburn is completely healed now?

No comments: