Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Chocolate and caramel and aplets, oh my!



Treats for Book Group

Last night I hosted the book group to which I belong. We discussed my book selection, Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs, among other things. I digressed early and often during our discussion and we covered everything from the clear play dvd player to candy thermometers and pans to candy making in general. We did touch upon our next book, Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell, and a couple of us (we were such a small group-only four others were able to come) admitted to having never read the book previously or viewed the movie. Audible gasps greeted the movie admission. Sigh. So I haven’t seen some of the great movies of all time-life is just too short on time sometimes. We enjoyed my overzealous candy-making endeavor of licorice caramels, orange caramels, plain caramels, chocolate caramels, aplets, mint-flavored dark chocolate dipped oreos, and chocolate dipped homemade marshmallows. This is why I probably don’t get to host book group too often-I just get carried away. Although my excuse was that last time I hosted we had sick kids & so my token offering then consisted of nuts and Sweets’ cinnamon bears.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I think Gone With The Wind is one of the most overrated movies of all time. It was painful to watch, but your treats look so yummy that I think I could bear it (just a little) if I had those to snack on!