Sunday, March 02, 2008

Milk in Pretty Colors





Swirled Milk Experiment also known as Marbled Milk. I obtain access to many books in my job and I bring a fair number home. Unfortunately, I have to return the books eventually and too often we never try anything from the books where we could do projects from them for talent building. Examples are cookbooks, crochet books, craft and hobby books, sewing books, hiking books, etc…. But finally we actually did one of the experiments from a cool little book called Lotions, Potions, and Slime Mudpies and More! By Nancy Blakey.

Pour milk (preferably 2%) into saucer, add 5-7 drops food coloring (use full amount or more-doesn't work as well with just a few drops of coloring), then add 1 drop of liquid detergent and watch what happens!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Doing science experiments with our daughters is allot of fun. Loved the swirly colors. I wonder what the science behind the swirling is. Great Blog! Although, I might be partial to the Blogger.